terms & conditions
- By law, Toravaig House is a non-smoking hotel.
- Toravaig House reserves the right to cancel the reservation of the guests without notice if guest ignore the non-smoking policy. Guests will be fined £100 if found smoking within the hotel
- Full Scottish Breakfast is included in the rate quoted and is served between 07.30 and 10.00 Monday – Sunday. Should a guest require breakfast out with these times, we require 24h notice. The earliest we can arrange a fully cooked breakfast is 07.00.
- Dinner is served from 19.00 – 21.00. Please advise in advance if you require dinner out with these times.
- It is presumed that guests reserved as part of a group will dine together at one time unless otherwise specifically requested in advance.
- We can cater for special dietary requirements but would need to be advised of such at time of booking or at least 24hours in advance.
- Bedrooms are allocated according to the room type booked, unless a specific room is requested at time of booking.
- Every guest is liable for damages caused in the bedroom which have not been reported on check in. Any items removed from the bedroom from the bedrooms will be charged to the customer accordingly.
- Disabled facilities are not provided in the hotel. Should you have a disability that prevents you from walking stairs please let the hotel know on time of booking.
- Consumption of Private food and drink
- The consumption of private – not bought within the hotel – alcohol or food is strictly forbidden. If guests wish to consume private alcohol the hotel has to be informed and a corkage charge will apply.
DEPOSITS, CANCELLATIONS AND ALTERATIONS
- £150.00 deposit is required at time of booking unless otherwise agreed in writing for 1 night stays; for stays of 2 nights or more the full cost of the first night is taken as a deposit. This is non-refundable or transferrable.
- If a booking is cancelled less than 72 hours before arrival the full amount for the stay (as booked) will be charged unless the hotel is able to resell the room.
- Cancellations and alterations must be made in writing/email. Verbal is not accepted
- Guests may wish to consider holiday insurance as Toravaig House Hotel operates a 72 hour cancellation policy. Although every effort is made to re-let cancelled accommodation, a charge will be made whenever we are unable to do so.
PAYMENT WITH CREDIT FACILITIES AGREED
- Credit Card/Debit card details are used to guarantee reservations and settle hotel bills
- The hotel does not accept American Express Credit Cards or Diners Card
- Traveller cheques or Foreign Currency is not accepted as method of payment
- The currency is British Pound Sterling
- Toravaig House reserves the right to amend prices in the event of the following:
- Unforeseen changes in the cost of labour and/or essential commodities
- Any variation in the rate of value added tax or any other tax replacing same.
- Any new taxes other than or replacing Value Added Tax.
- VAT is included in the prices quoted at 20%.
- If you are on a Bed and Breakfast tariff and would like dinner, it is advisable to book dinner in advance at the time of booking, to benefit from the special Dinner Bed and Breakfast package.
- If you are on a Dinner, Bed and Breakfast tariff but choose not to dine with us, there will be no reduction of the tariff unless we are notified in advance of your stay, in which case the current Bed and Breakfast tariff will apply.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
Cash, Cheque, Mastercard, Visa, Maestro
Animals/Pets are not permitted inside the hotel but can be left outside overnight. Should it be found that an animal was being held in a bedroom or any other part of the hotel a cleaning charge will apply.
Toravaig House will not be liable for any failure to provide the services contracted in the following circumstances
a) Industrial action by employees
b) Industrial action by staff of a major supplier
c) Destruction of or damage to the hotel
d) Civil disturbance or riot
e) Email, Fax or Postal Bookings which do not reach them
f) Any other matter out with their control
g) The operator fails to comply with any terms of this agreement
h) The Company undertakes to take all possible action within its powers to alleviate any such inconveniences. In the event of any doubt or ambiguity arising to the construction of these conditions the same will be determined by references to the rule of the Law of Scotland